Friday 19 September 2014

Number 51: Watch 5 foreign language films - Amelie


From here
I know, I know, I'm probably the only person in the whole who hasn't already watched Amelie, but I have now rectified that and boy have I been missing out!

I don't know quite what I was expecting from the film, but it was definitely wackier and more bizarre than I thought it would be - the dream sequences reminded me a little of Juno.  Audrey Tatou is captivating throughout and stunning as always.

I don't think I've ever finished a film and immediately wanted to rewind it (I know you don't have to actually rewind films any more, but...) and watch it all over again.  At least, not since my Beauty and the Beast phase circa 1998...  But that's exactly what happened with this film and I can't wait to re-watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment