Wednesday 6 April 2016

Number 65: Visit 10 European countries - Poland

Back in January, a couple of friends and I jetted off for our annual European city-break.  This is the third year we've spent a weekend away at the start of the year - first Brussels, then Budapest and this year we settled on Warsaw.

Having never been to Poland before, I didn't really know what to expect (although I thought it would be pretty bleak) and I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't be able to eat anything remotely native.


I was totally wrong on all counts.  Warsaw's old town was completely beautiful - full of brightly coloured buildings, ornate castles and palaces. Friday afternoon we were greeted by snow, which made everything look magical and the freezing temperatures a bit more palatable.


And it turns out I needn't have worried about finding pescatarian safe food, turns out the Polish are really into spinach and sushi...

No comments:

Post a Comment